Cowboy Bebop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bebop Theories

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Outlaw
Admin
Outlaw

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 pm

***Spoilers*** If you havent watched the show all the way through (for some unknown reason) then dont read this.

Ok, so this is a thread on the different theories I have come across regarding the end of Bebop and such. I'll give my opinion on what I think the actual end was at the end of the post.

1. Some people believe that all the members of the Bebop actually died at the end of Session 11: Toys in the Attic because it says "The End" after the episode and that they believe the rest of the show is just Spike's Dream. Apparently one of the producers also atested to this theory.

2. Spike actually dies in session 5: Ballad of Fallen Angels and the rest of the show is his dream. The last 2 sessions are Spike finally coming to the realization that he is dreaming. Hence why Julia says "it's all just a dream" and why Spike told Faye that he's going there to find out if he's truly alive.

3. Spike dies at the very end of Bebop after his fight with Vicious.

4. Spike lives at the end of the show after his fight with Vicious.

My opinion: I personally believe that theory 3 is what actually happened. This article ( http://bebopattic.weebly.com/between-the-lines.html ) actually sums up what I originally thought. Let's not forget about the conversation between Old Indian Chief and his son where he says "Whenever a warrior is born, a star is born as well. When the warrior dies, so does the star" (not exact quote but you get the point) At the end of the series you can see a star fall from the sky (Spike). I also think this is the ending because it ultimately sums up ALL the themes and undertones in the show.

NOW, the creators of the show created the show so you could picture what you want to believe was the fate of the Bebop members. There is so many hidden messages, undertones, and themes in the show that it is mindblowing. It's all apart of the majestic piece of art that is Cowboy Bebop. The greatest anime (screw that noise, best SHOW) of all time.

What do you think of the theories above? Have you heard any other theories? What do you believe was the fate of the Bebop crew and Spike and why?
Back to top Go down
https://cowboybebop.forumotion.com
Masaka

Masaka

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 am

XD holy cow, the first theory seriously blew my mind haha. Yeah, I kinda just jump on the bandwagon of the 3rd theory, but it's kinda cool to see what other people come up with/think.

On a side note, I like that the link you posted references the part where the dude from big shot shows up at the airport XD.
Back to top Go down
http://rickyis1337.blogspot.com
Outlaw
Admin
Outlaw

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 am

The funny thing is, I think the 1st two theories are more likely the than the 4th one haha
Back to top Go down
Majin Popo

Majin Popo

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:51 pm

The main thing, I think, that supports the 4th theory (though I personally go with the 3rd) is how easily people have healed from horrific damage, like Spike's fall from the church. Even so, I find the 3rd theory the most credible.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin
Outlaw

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:04 am

Thats an interesting point Popo
Back to top Go down
toolbox

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:49 am

Speaking of Spike's fall from the church window, I wonder how the series would have turned out if Faye was there to catch him (or at least cushion his fall).
Back to top Go down
Majin Popo

Majin Popo

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:14 pm

toolbox wrote:
Speaking of Spike's fall from the church window, I wonder how the series would have turned out if Faye was there to catch him (or at least cushion his fall).
I can only imagine she would've been severely injured from the impact of his body hitting her.
Back to top Go down
FrootSnax

FrootSnax

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Hello! I'm new here and I hope this forum isn't dead...
ANYWAY...
In my opinion I REALLY want theory 4 to be true because I've come to love Spike and all so much... I would just LOVE to see more episodes... HOWEVER, theory 3 makes the most sense.

Although I must say theories 1 and 2 were very clever and I never though of those things....
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Admin
Outlaw

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Haha glad you liked them. Welcome to the forum by the way. It isnt dead just yet. Ive just been waiting for more activity from others haha. Howd you come to find the forum if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bebop Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bebop Theories   Bebop Theories Empty

Back to top Go down

Bebop Theories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cowboy Bebop :: Cowboy Bebop :: Cowboy Bebop Anime-
Jump to: